We plan to organize a seminar on string field theory (SFT) and related topics (worldsheet theory, string amplitudes, compactifications, homotopy algebras…) on Friday every 2 weeks. Talks are 1.5 hours long: the recommended format is a general introduction of 30 min for students and non-specialists (especially, before technical talks), followed by 1 hour of talk + discussions intertwined. However, speakers are free to organize their time differently. Speakers can present one of their papers, work in progress or even other papers they want to discuss. Seminars are preceded by an informal discussion on gather.town and Zulip will be used for continuing discussions after the talk. We hope that this regular journal club will help foster discussions within the SFT community and related fields and seed new collaborations and applications.
Structure (reference timezone is CEST, see this website for conversion):
- 14:30 – 15:00 (CEST) [8:30 (EST), 18:00 (IST), 21:30 (JST)] : informal discussion on gather.town
- 15:00 – 16:30 (CEST) [9:00 (EST), 18:30 (IST), 22:00 (JST)] : talk
Please register on the mailing list for announcements and obtaining the links for Zoom, gather.town and Zulip. If you don’t see emails, please check your spam folder and if necessary mark the email as non-spam.
- Subhroneel Chakrabarti (CEICO, Prague)
- Harold Erbin (MIT & IAIFI, Boston; CEA-LIST, Paris)
- Renann Lipinski Jusinskas (CEICO, Prague)
Talks will be announced on this page and through the mailing list. You can also consult the calendar or events pages or subscribe to the SFT Google Calendar (ics version). Talks are also listed on researchseminars.org. Videos of the recorded talks will be posted in the String field theory Youtube channel. You can contact us for suggesting speakers.
- Friday 29 October 2021: Barton Zwiebach (CTP, MIT)
- Friday 12 November 2021 : Carlo Maccaferri (Università di Torino)